Monday, December 24, 2007

An Introduction

This is a temporary blog, created mostly for the benefit of the readers of the Dingles Daily Ramblings to help document their home stay in Baltimore, MD for the next 6 months. I was inspired to do this mostly by reading the McMullen's tales of living with Jeff's parents, and also by reading about Mary@NotBefore7's kids.

Now, a brief introduction to us all:

First, there's me (Torrie):
I'm Rebecca's youngest sister (by 6 years). I live in an old house in Baltimore City which has been split into 2 1-bedroom apartments. I live on the first floor & have been renting out the second floor.

I've lived alone or with at most one other person for the last 6 years of my life. Now my sister, her husband, and 2 kids live with me.

Next is my sister (Rebecca):
Rebecca usually lives in Japan, but she had to come back to Baltimore because our dad was sick & she's having a baby in May.

Growing up, we all called her Sergeant Rebecca because she was bossy. She still is.

She and I are both particular people... thankfully in mostly the same ways.

Now for brother-in-law (Kevin):
Kevin is Rebecca's husband of 8 years. He's very well trained by now.

He's also a goofball, which makes it so he and I get along very well. Sometimes we make Rebecca laugh; sometimes we just piss her off.

He's also been great friends with my fiance (Ben) since high school.


Then there's Meg:
Meg is 5 1/2. Meg is also very girly. Meg loves princesses and all things pink.

She's also the expert on everything... "Well, actually, Aunt Torrie... [fill in the blank with her correction of whatever I said wrong]".




And finally, Titus:
Titus is 4. Titus loves trains, stuffed animals, and pretending to be a cat.

Titus loves Aunt Torrie very much, so therefore he can do no wrong in my eyes. ...unless he's screaming at 7:00am.

He also likes to snuggle, which buys him forgiveness for screaming at 7:00am.


So, these are the people and this is our story. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Yippee! I get to be the first to comment...oh I should probably say something really significant.

Sadly, nothing comes to mind except I am all about NOT liking kids screaming at 7 AM - so with you there Torrie!

Loving this idea - made me laugh out loud. It is always fun to see a friend through their siblings eyes. I have had that gift in your family for a few years now (via glimpses of David and Rebecca) and now with you!

This is just so darn fun :)

Now...about the fabulous layout, design, graphics here...um...your cost? :)

PS - gonna change Rebecca's name in my emails to Sargent now - LOVE that!