Saturday, March 15, 2008

Who doesn't love getting their back scratched?

Last summer when the Dingles were here, I started scratching Titus's back for him when he had trouble falling asleep. Apparently he got totally hooked, and when they went back to Japan he kept asking for a back scratch and was upset that Kevin & Rebecca couldn't do it right. Needless to say, since they've moved in, I've given that boy a LOT of backscratches. Sometimes he asks for them, sometimes I just start scratching, and sometimes he just reaches back & lifts up his shirt with an expectation for me to scratch it. This morning I went upstairs and the kids were both completely mesmerized by a TV show. Rebecca & I were trying to ask Titus something & he was completely ignoring us. I wanted to test a theory, so I did a quick 2-second scratch over his shirt & sure enough he reached back and lifted his shirt up so I would scratch under it. So apparently he was somewhat aware of his surroundings, but only if it involved a backscratch!

Another interesting back scratching related story happened earlier this week. At bedtime I was scratching Titus's back & Meg wanted a backscratch so I told her I'd do her next. Then she asked me if I scratch Titus's back more because I like him more. uh oh! Thankfully I thought quickly & told her it's just because Titus asks more.

On another note, the kids just came home & I asked them to tell me something about backscratches. Meg said, "umm.. I don't know.. it tickles!" And Titus said, "backscratches.... it's AWESOME!!!" Yep, that little guy is totally hooked.

No comments: