In the Dingle family the kids have what they refer to as "lovies". Their lovies are comprised of all of their stuffed animals and blankies. One stuffed animal or blankie is referred to in the singular, "lovey". As in "Where is my George lovey?"Titus is especially fond of his lovies, and let me tell you, that boy has a LOT of lovies. And apparently the lovies he has with him are only a fraction of what he owns. He's lovey obsessed!
Yesterday I got out my old pink stuffed bunny from when I was a little girl & told Titus that I had a lovey now too. He ran into my room to see it & came running back saying, "Aunt Torrie! You have a beautiful bunny lovey!!" It's so funny how excited this kid gets about lovies!
So, the joy of lovies is now filling my house and my heart. Although thankfully they're not filling my house too much because lovies are supposed to stay on beds.
On a side note, when I first started hearing all this lovey talk, it reminded me of how Mr. Howell used to call Mrs. Howell "lovey" on Gilligan's Island. After doing some research, it turns out the character's name was actually Mrs. Lovey Howell, so he was just calling her by her first name!
No comments:
Post a Comment