Later that night I found myself frustrated from an evening full of inconveniences and when I couldn't get a large bowl into the dishwasher I found myself throwing my arms in the air and declaring "I can't do it!!!" I was in Titus's shoes. Something that should have been easy was giving me trouble, and that on top of everything else was just too much. I forget that the poor little guy has been moved across the world, is living in a different house, has lost his Grandpa, has started a new school, and deals with having a Mom who is too sick to do much lots of days. He's got every right to be pissed off when his sled won't go down the hill. I would be too!
Friday, January 18, 2008
I can't do it!
Later that night I found myself frustrated from an evening full of inconveniences and when I couldn't get a large bowl into the dishwasher I found myself throwing my arms in the air and declaring "I can't do it!!!" I was in Titus's shoes. Something that should have been easy was giving me trouble, and that on top of everything else was just too much. I forget that the poor little guy has been moved across the world, is living in a different house, has lost his Grandpa, has started a new school, and deals with having a Mom who is too sick to do much lots of days. He's got every right to be pissed off when his sled won't go down the hill. I would be too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kids could use more of our empathy some days...most days. Give him a big hug!
Hmmm...sounds like both Titus and Aunt Torrie might enjoy going to the library and checking out Watty Piper's The Little Engine that Could!
Post a Comment