For anyone who has a TiVo, you know it's a life changing invention. It allows me to record my TV shows so I can watch them whenever I want and skip all the commercials. It also has this great feature where it suggests new shows based on the shows you already watch. I could always count on there being an endless supply of episodes of Friends, Seinfeld, Scrubs, House, and all my other favorite shows. That is, until the Dingles moved in. Now my TiVo Suggestions list is full of things like "Go, Diego, Go", "Dora the Explorer", "Denise Austin's Daily Workout", and "Yes, Dear". Apparently TiVo thinks I've become a stay-at-home mom. Next thing you know it will be recording spanish soap operas for me. I guess I'll have to start scheduling some of those shows instead of counting on my TiVo to know me well enough to record them for me.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Oh TiVo, how you betray me
For anyone who has a TiVo, you know it's a life changing invention. It allows me to record my TV shows so I can watch them whenever I want and skip all the commercials. It also has this great feature where it suggests new shows based on the shows you already watch. I could always count on there being an endless supply of episodes of Friends, Seinfeld, Scrubs, House, and all my other favorite shows. That is, until the Dingles moved in. Now my TiVo Suggestions list is full of things like "Go, Diego, Go", "Dora the Explorer", "Denise Austin's Daily Workout", and "Yes, Dear". Apparently TiVo thinks I've become a stay-at-home mom. Next thing you know it will be recording spanish soap operas for me. I guess I'll have to start scheduling some of those shows instead of counting on my TiVo to know me well enough to record them for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Torrie,
I don't know if you remember me, I am a friend of your sister Rebecca's. I am so sorry for the loss of your father, especially losing him before your wedding and before the birth of Rebecca's baby.
I read your grief blog and was very touched by your words. It's so wonderful that you are writing your grief out, it's so healing. I lost my father to brain cancer almost six years ago now. He died just before my wedding as well. I don't know if this is something you would want to do for your wedding but I wanted my dad to be remembered at my wedding so I thought about ways I could do that as part of the ceremony. I had a picture of him out during the ceremony and my mom and I lit a candle together in remembrance of him. My mom also stood up and said some things about what my dad would have wanted to say to me on my wedding day.
If you are interested, I also have a blog about my grief over the loss of my father.... you can read it at: www.runningwithdad.blogspot.com
Thinking of you and your family at this time. Please give Rebecca a big hug from me.
Jen (Elzinga) Deckert
This is becoming one of my favorites! I love your perspective on life with the dingles:)
Hopefully by the end of the year my husband and I will be joining them in Japan.
Post a Comment