Because the Dingles live on the second floor, I overhear a lot of the activity that happens up there. Usually I only hear footsteps and the sounds of people talking (but can't make out the words), except for in the morning when I swear Meg talks 20 times louder than usual.
Here are some things I've overheard lately:
This morning, from Meg: God said to Elmo...
This happened about 40 minutes ago and I'm still trying to figure out if she was reading a bible story & I misheard, or is there really a religious book involving Elmo? I mean really, God said to Elmo????
One morning, on the way out the door, from Meg to Kevin [as one long whine]: Daddy, why are you making that mad face at me? You're hurting my feelings! You're hurting my feelings, Daddy! My feelings are going to be hurt FOREVER!!!
Last week I overheard two sets of little feet dancing around in the kids room, when suddenly the dancing stopped and I hear Meg: Mommy!! I was just sitting here and Titus pushed me over!!
Tuesday night was the following progression:
1. Someone running from one room to another
2. Rebecca pounding on the floor (that's her way of telling Kevin to get upstairs)
3. Kevin running upstairs
4. Running here, running there, running everywhere
5. The bathtub running
6. The faint smell of puke
At which point I figured out that somebody had puked. It honestly could have been any of them, but I put my money on Meg & went upstairs to check it out. Turns out it was Titus - thankfully there was nobody around for me to actually lose that bet to.
And last, but not least, the sounds I typically hear every morning:
WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! blah blah blah... But I don't want... whine whine whine... MWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Titus [insert tattle here] whine whine whine blah blah blah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds like life with kids.
Ok, the "God said to Elmo" thing was quite interesting. I was going to blog on that one b/c the whole morning was just one weird thing out of their mouths after another.
The kids were actually looking at two books, a barbie book and a Nemo book (they call him Elmo for some reason) and apparently Meg was telling them things from God.
The rest of that sentence was something like this...
"God said to Elmo... you must drop those fishing nets and get a real job like a Samaritan and then something about the bad nets".
My best guess- the poor child is getting the story of the good samaritan (which she says is her favorite story) mixed up with the story of Jesus calling the disciples when he told them to drop their nets and follow him.
Laughing! Loved all of these. They sound a bit like my house...Oh the whining of girls...over and over.
So... I'm guessing the cost of being able to stay in your place is that you get to report all this. They must've been desperate. :-)
But, keep it coming!
Post a Comment