- Orange slices (the candy) are now ONLY for Torrie & Rebecca. No men or children allowed.
- Watching TV is a silent activity. No talking allowed!
The second mandate is one whose need has been growing slowly & yesterday it finally reached critical level. I'm accustomed to living alone. So I'm also accustomed to watching TV alone. Which means, I'm definitely NOT accustomed to people yapping during my TV shows. Apparently the Dingles are accustomed to the opposite, because they are frequent yappers. (Actually, Kevin is the one who likes to yap about things that have nothing to do with the show, and Rebecca is the one who likes to ask questions about the show, like I have some sort of supreme power that makes it so that I know more about what's going on even though I'm watching the exact same thing as her). Up until last night I had been fairly patient about it (thanks to my TiVo's ability to pause the show until they're done yapping). But last night, while I was trying to watch Grey's Anatomy, they were yapping so much that I had paused and backed up the same part of the show 5 times trying to figure out what was happening. That's when I lost it and put the second mandate into effect: No more yapping. No more questions. Watching TV is now a silent activity & anyone who can't adhere to that has to go upstairs.
Forget family-time. When I'm watching my TV shows, don't talk to me. If you want family-time conversation, wait until dinner.
4 comments:
She failed to mention they eat dinner in front of the tv most of the times we have seen them- so much for talking in this household!
I figure she only has 6 months with me, we should talk as much as we can.
I do have to admit in her defense- people have complained about my question asking during shows since I was little- I can't help it that I get lost easily.
A little known fact about Rebecca- you will never get me to go out to the movies. I need to be able to pause my movies so I can ask questions!
The Big Sis
Move over Seargent Rebecca, General Torrie has arrived
Love that. I am with you Torrie, if you dno't get it, get out of the room :) he he!
You're right Rebecca, you have done it since you were little. I remember once, you had been watching a show for a half hour. Dad and I walked in and you started asking us what was going on! We JUST walked in! If I remember correctly, I let you have it pretty good then. You know, in a lovingly big-brotherly way!!
Post a Comment